Eat & Drink
Things to do in North Cornwall
Around Port Issac
Port Isaac is ideally located for trips to nearby stunning beaches, water sport activities, idyllic Cornish villages and popular tourist attractions.
Fishing trips can be taken from the harbour, where you can catch your own mackerel and even spot a basking shark or two.
Spend an evening on the Platt listening to the weekly concert (in season) by the St. Breward Silver Band or the ever popular “Fishermans Friends“, shanty singers.
Whole days can be whiled away, crabbing in the rock pools left behind on Port Isaac beach at low tide, children love it, (adults too!)
The South West Coast Path, Britain’s longest national trail, some 630 miles, runs along the bottom of our garden, so leave the car behind and enjoy some of the best views. You may see dolphins, seals, basking sharks plus many other birds and beautiful plant life.
Less strenuous circular walks are very popular in the area.
Port Isaac is also known as Port Wenn to fans of the popular TV series Doc Martin. The show stars Martin Clunes as a doctor who causes mayhem in a small Cornish community.
- Coasteering kayaking tours cornishcoastadventures.com01208880280
- Cornish Rocktors (Port Gaverne) cornishrocktors.com 07791 534884
- Sailing & Powerboat Centre, Rock. camelsailingpowerboatcentre.co.uk 01208 862 881
- Surf School Polzeath camelsailingpowerboatcentre.co.uk 07969 660014
- Rock Water Skiing rockcornwall.co.uk/ 01208 862727
- Cycle Hire Wadebridge bridgebikehire.co.uk/ 01208 813 050
- Cycle Hire Padstow padstowcyclehire.com 01841 533 533
- Resort Golf & Country Club Polzeath thepointatpolzeath.co.uk/ 01208 863 002
- Golf St Enodoc Rock st-enodoc.co.uk 01208 863 216
- Spa Treatment Polzeath st-enodoc.co.uk 01208 862 242
- The Eden Project edenproject.com Bodelva PL24 2SG
- Rick Stein Cookery School Padstow rickstein.com/school 01841 532 700
- Catering We can also arrange special lunches and dinners to be cooked at the house through feeturnercatering.co.uk 01208 862 271
- Dog Walking and dog sitting By Wendy Williams. 01208 895 361
- Boarding Kennels Trelights 10mins 01208 880 339
Distances from The Beachhouse
- Water sports Port Gaverne Beach – 2 mins
- Surfing Polzeath Beach – 10 mins
- Sailing, windsurfing and water skiing Rock – 15 mins
- Golf – 2 18 hole courses at St Enodoc and Roserrow – 15 mins
- The Eden Project, Britain’s third most popular attraction – 45 mins
- Walking along Britain’s longest coastal footpath. Sensational views. Sightings of dolphins and basking sharks as well as a host of birds and plant life – 1 min
- Windsurfing and family beach days at Daymer Bay – 15 mins
- Padstow by ferry from Rock – 15 mins
- Trebarwith Strand for surfing and family days
- National Trust Houses at Lanhydrock, Cotele, Trelissick and many more.
"When it comes to front line properties, the Beach House is the epitome of seaside venues" Cornwall Today
Read more reviews →