There’s a lot to see and do in Port Isaac, but if you’re staying at the Beach House for a week, we know you’ll probably be interested in taking a few day trips. To give you some ideas, we’ve listed our top five days trips:
1. Padstow: Padstow is just 16 miles from Port Isaac and is always a great day out. Walk round the quaint cobbled streets, hop on a fishing trip and refuel at one of Rick Stein’s famous restaurants.
2. Tintagel Castle: Tintagel Castle sits just nine miles up the coast from the Beach House, and on a clear day you can even see it from the conservatory. Walk round the ruins, learn about the legendary birthplace of King Arthur and enjoy the stunning views from the café as you relax with a cuppa. If you’re feeling energetic, leave the car at home and walk to the Castle along the South West Coast Path.
3. Eden Project: The Eden Project is the third most popular tourist attraction in the UK and is just a 45 minute drive from Port Isaac. Explore the largest rainforest in captivity, walk around the beautiful gardens and swot up in the education centre.
4. Polzeath: If you want a day on the beach or you like to surf, Polzeath Beach is the place to go! It is suitable for both beginners and seasoned surfers, and there is also a surf school where you can have lessons and hire all the kit. The beach itself is a large expanse of golden sand and has plenty of rock pools to explore.
5. Camel Trail: The Camel Trail is a disused railway that has been resurfaced for walkers and cyclists to enjoy. It stretches from Padstow to Bodmin via Wadebridge and promises gorgeous Cornish scenery the entire way!
Book your holiday now!
As you can see there’s plenty to keep the whole family entertained, both in and around Port Isaac. So why not book your North Cornwall adventure today? Contact Colin to reserve your stay at the Beach House.☎ Contact Colin for details