Port Isaac has recently launched its new lifeboat, the “Copeland Bell”. The station Chaplin, Father John May, conducted the launching ceremony with a great turn out by the village and surrounding areas.
The new D Class boat, with its voluntary crew, gave a display of her performance and manoeuvrability. The Port Isaac Fisherman’s Friends sang some of their chart topping sea shanties.
The first lifeboat to begin service at Port Isaac in 1869 was the “Richard & Sarah” which was housed in what is now the Boat House Stores in Fore Street.☎ Contact Colin for details